Amidst the sadness and stress of the impending finals week, it can be hard to find time to feed yourself properly. When you’re in a pinch for time and don’t want to do any dishes, look no further. Here are two delicious and easy options for snacking — and all you need is a mug and a microwave.
Creamy Mug ‘n Cheese
Prep time: 5-7 minutes
- 1 large mug
- 1 measuring cup
- 1/3 cup of elbow noodles
- Handful of your favorite shredded cheese (We used mild cheddar)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Start by putting 1/3 cup of elbow noodles and 1/2 cup of water into your cutest mug.
- Microwave the noodles and water for two minutes, stir, then do another two minutes.
- Next, stir in the milk and cheese.
- Microwave for a final 30 to 60 seconds.
- Put a dash of salt and pepper on the top of the macaroni. Enjoy!
The Best Chocolate Mug Cake Ever
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Nutella or mini chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and the batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. Our mug was 14 ounces. You want enough extra space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Add hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter or mini chocolate chips. There’s no need to push it down; it’ll do that on its own.
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high. Carefully remove and enjoy!