I’m wrapping up this semester of mixtapes with a mix for summer. This mix is for sunny days spent at home, long hours put in working retail and the bus ride to and from your summer internship. This mix is also for swimming at the pool, lake or beach. It’s for dancing during a great BBQ. It’s something to throw on during a long drive with the windows down. If you’re staying in the city, it’s to put on when you’re sad that other places are having summer but here it’s windy and cold. I’ll be back with more music next semester!
1) “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” by the Beach Boys off of “Pet Sounds”
2) “A Summer Wasting” by Belle & Sebastian off of “The Boy With the Arab Strap”
3) “July, July!” by the Decemberists off of “Castaways and Cutouts”
4) “Biomusicology” by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists off of “The Tyranny of Distance”
5) “Here Comes the Summer” by the Fiery Furnaces off of “EP”
6) “August” by Rilo Kiley off of “Take Offs & Landings”
7) “Meet Me By the Water” by Saturday Looks Good to Me” off of “All Your Summer Songs”
8) “Another Day” by Jamie Lidell off of “Jim”
9) “A Kiss to Make It Better” by Say Hi To Your Mom off of “Numbers and Mumbles”
10) “Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves off of “Anthology”
For a free stream of this week’s mix tape visit The Foghorn online at foghorn.usfca.edu!