1. William Howard Taft, 27th president, (1909 -1913) got stuck in his bathtub at the White House. The staff had to lever him out with a crow bar. Poor chubby.
2. Calvin Coolidge, our 30th president, (1923-1929) slept for 10 hours a night and took a 2-hour nap every day. He effectively slept through half of his presidency. Who knew running the country allowed for so much free time?
3. Both 2nd president John Adams (1797-1801) and 6th president John Quincy Adams (1825-1829) liked to skinny dip in the Potomac River. What a distinguished family of nudists.
4. Abraham Lincoln, our 16th, (1861- 1865) had a shopaholic for a wife. Hopefully those weren’t tax dollars.
5. After 32nd president Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1945) got married, his mom bought the townhouse next door and installed connecting doors. Talk about intrusive.